Terms & Conditions
We must receive payment of the whole of the price for the products that you order before your order can be accepted. Once payment has been received by us we will confirm that your order has been accepted by sending an email to you at the email address you provide in your order form. Our acceptance of your order forms a legally binding contract between us.
You are not permitted to sell and must not offer for sale or re-sell any of our products.
Hill St. reserves the right to cancel the contract between us if:
- we have insufficient stock to deliver the products you have ordered. If this occured we will contact you to advise of an availability date or to offer you a substitute product
- If we do cancel your contract we will notify you by e-mail and will re-credit to your account any sum deducted by us from your credit card as soon as possible but in any event within 30 days of your order.
The prices payable for products that you order are as set out in our website.
You will be required to pay for delivery depending on the weight of your delivery. Our delivery charges are set out during the order process and on the relevant content page. For delivery prices, details and lead time, please visit our Shipping & Returns Policy.
We will deliver the products ordered by you to the address you give us for delivery at the time you make your order. It is, however, your responsibility to provide us with accurate delivery address details. We are not able to check or verify addresses and messages supplied by you.
You will become the owner of the products you have ordered when they have been delivered to you. Once products have been delivered to you they will be your reposnibility.
Delivery is currently only made to the UK.
If the products we deliver are not what you ordered or are damaged or defective or the delivery is of an incorrect quantity, or if you do not receive the products ordered, we shall have no liability to you other than as set out below. Any complaint must be reported to us within seven days of delivery. If you notify a problem to us under this clause, our only obligation will be:
- to make good any shortage or non-delivery
- to supply and deliver substitute products if your original choice cannot be delivered for any reason
- to replace any products that are damaged or defective or
- to refund to you the amount paid by you for the products in question in whatever way we choose.
Save as precluded by law, we will not be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss, damage or expenses (including loss of profits, business or goodwill) howsoever arising out of any problem you notify to us under this condition and we shall have no liability to pay any money to you by way of compensation other than to refund to you the amount paid by you for the products in question under clause above.
Hill St. excludes all liability and responsibility for any amount or kind of loss or damage that may result to you or a third party in connection with this website in any way or in connection with the use, including but not limited to loss or damage due to viruses that may infect your computer equipment, software, data or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing this website or your downloading of any material from this website or any websites linked to this website.
Hill St. tries to ensure that the information on this website is accurate and complete but will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of this website.
We shall have no liability to you for any failure to deliver products you have ordered or any delay in doing so or for any damage or defect to products delivered that is caused by any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control.
4. Intellectual Property
The content of this website is protected by copyright, trademarks, database right and other intellectual property rights. You may not reproduce, modify, copy or distribute or use for commercial purposes any of the materials or content on this website without written permission from Hill St.
5. Use of our Hill St. online store
This website is meant to be used for personal Ecommerce and information. You may not use it for any of the following purposes:
- disseminating any unlawful, harassing, libellous, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene or otherwise objectionable material or otherwise breaching any laws
- transmitting material that encourages conduct that constitutes a criminal offence, or otherwise breaches any applicable laws, regulations or codes of practice
- interfering with any other person’s use or enjoyment of the website or
- making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of materials protected by copyright or other intellectual property right without the proper permission
- placing any material on this website that belongs to anyone other than yourself without the prior written consent of the owner.
You grant Hill St. and others authorised us the unrestricted right to use reproduce, distribute and translate and edit any material you place on the website. You will be responsible for our losses and costs resulting from your breach of this clause.
We may suspend or cancel your account registration if you breach any of your obligations under these Terms and Conditions.The suspension or cancellation of your registration and your right to use this website shall not affect either party’s statutory rights or liabilities.
The contract between us shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with UK law.
9. Company Information
Hill St. Chocolates Ltd. 7 Hill Street, Saffron Walden, Essex, CB10 1EH
Company number: 09887043
VAT number: GB 231950031